Emsisoft Commandline Scanner (ECS) is a popular malware removal tool that is a common alternative to HitmanPro or other "second opinion" scanners. ECS is a paid tool with a full featured trial and is compatible from Windows XP and up along with 32 and 64 bit architectures.
How to add:
- Go to the Emsisoft website, right click on the download button and copy the link to your clipboard.
- Start TechWARU, navigate to Options > Custom Apps > New. Then type the name of the tool. Select "Download Files from Internet"
- Paste the URL into the "Download URL" filed and click next. TechWARU will proceed to download the zip file to test the link. This next step might take a while depending on the speed of your network connection.
- Next, select the file that TechWARU will run which in this case is
a2cmd.exe. For the category, we've selected "Malware Removal".
- Next we'll specify the command-line parameters that we would like ECS to run. In this example I've specified
/smart /cookies /pup /rk /memory. All of these were found via the command line parameters available on the same download page.
- Leave TechWARU's defaults the way that you find them. ECS works on XP and up along with 32 and 64 bit architectures.
- You're done! The tool is now in the "Malware Removal" category and can be run just like any other tool.