In 2014, we launched the TechWARU:PE with high hopes of technicians being able to use TechWARU in a bootable environment. TechWARU:PE stayed in beta for quite sometime. This was the case for primarily two reasons:
- We wanted to be able to distribute the PE with our own, licensed copy of Windows. This of course would be to provide an out-of-the-box solution with no setup. Due to licensing issues, this was never possible.
- The creation process being open to anyone's copy of Windows caused issues. Not having a closed system to diagnose and patch bugs lead to troublesome or near impossible debugging.
This simply was not a feature that we could expect people to spend their time trying to solve. Nor was it acceptable to have techs waiting endlessly for us to recreate the issue and attempt to solve it.
Instead of working against an immovable barrier, we've decided to pass and focus back on our main goals.
- To provide stable and useful automation software
- Create tools that allow techs to put more computers on the bench, with less stress, and faster turn around time
- To standardize the repair process, your repair process, and allow you to get your employees up and repairing faster than ever
We can't wait to show you what we have been working on. For some hint's check out our dev queue. Also, for legacy, the PE creation guide is attached below.