Malwarebytes Chameleon is a useful tool for running Malwarebytes under different filenames and filetypes so malware can't prevent it from running.
Luckily each of these are Malwarebytes (MBAM) in disguise. As a result, they can be used individually without their .CHM file and we can make a custom app. We have two options.
1) Add Malwarebytes as a custom application with a randomized name.
- Either Download Malwarebytes and host it yourself or through Drive/Dropbox or snag a static link. Here is a guide on how to do that: Dynamic vs Static Links
- Once you've specified your name and url, select "randomize name."
- This should have literally the same effect as Chameleon.
The second option is a bit more involved.
2) Add individual Malwarebytes Chameleon executables (custom apps can't use the included .chm file for example) as custom apps
- Since Malwarebytes Chameleon is essentially a list of executables that have been named more common applications, they need to be added individually as custom applications individually
- So, download the zip file, host a few (or all) of the contents on a remote storage service like Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Add those few tools as custom apps to TechWARU. You'll probably want to name them as "Chameleon #1" or something to that affect.
- Finally, we would recommend making a preset with all of these options and syncing that with TechPortal (using the menubar TechWARU > Export Config to TechPortal) to allow other instances to use the same method. Make sure to import your config to each new instance!