Why isn't CCleaner in TechWARU already?
Great question. CCleaner from Piriform is a popular cleanup tool used by IT pros everywhere. As such, We'd love to add it as a default tool to TechWARU.
Unfortunately, the way in which Piriform has constructed its licensing, only purchasing their technician license allows for legal use in a repair shop setting.
That being said, if you have purchased proper licensing, read on! We'll show you how to get set up properly.
Creating CCleaner as a Custom App in TechWARU
1. First, head to CCleaner's Downloads Page and grab the latest version of the portable exe. You won't be able to use TechWARU's download capability as Piriform doesn't provide a direct download link.
2. Next extract the zip file and drop it's contents into Assets > 3rd Party Apps.
3. From there, navigate to TechWARU > Options > Custom Applications and add it as a custom app selecting "Browse for Files Locally."
4. You'll be presented with a window to move CCleaner into the proper place, we've actually completed this step already. So, you can close the window.
5. Click "Browse for executable" and find your exe. In the case of CCleaner, there is a 32 and 64 bit version. Selecting 32 will making the custom app compatible with both 32 and 64bit machines. Of course, if you'd like, you can make another custom app specifically for 64 bit.
6. Select an appropriate category (System Cleanup or Premalware work just fine)
7. Add the "/AUTO" command-line parameter or any others (see Piriform's documentation) that are appropriate to your intended use.
8. All the other options' default values are just fine here. Save the app and you're all set!
Note: TechWARU will currently (as of 5/4/15) will wait for interaction before the tool completes its run. There is an improvement coming which will allow for different behaviors.
Thanks! Enjoy CCleaner and let us know if you have any questions.